If you are working on a creative or heritage project (TV series, movie, video game, musical, museum exhibition, etc.) and you need a historical and/or linguistic consultant, I am happy to be involved and share my knowledge. Get in touch by sending me an e-mail. My areas of expertise include:
- Old English composition
- History and culture of early medieval England
- Medieval magic and medicine
- Medieval manuscripts
- Old age in the Middle Ages
- Medieval English language and literature
- J. R. R. Tolkien
- Medieval pigs
Prior projects for which I have partcipated as a historical and/or linguistic consultant include:
- Helped the Dutch translator of J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Fall of Arthur (2013) with the translation of several Middle English quotations.
- Helped various creatives with translations from Modern English to Old English, including an Old English version of the Sandia long-term nuclear waste warning message by Ellis Saxey, published in The Future Fire (2021)
- Consulted on Old English lyrics for atmospheric nordic dark folk band SOWULO for their forthcoming album (2022).